Beaver Island State Park is located at the south end of Grand Island in the upper Niagara River. The 950 acre park has a half-mile sandy beach for swimming, adjacent 80 slip marina with both seasonal and transient boat slips, fishing access, car-top boat launch, multiple canoe/kayak launches, bike and nature trails, nature center, playgrounds, picnic areas, athletic fields, horseshoe pits, an 18 hole championship disc golf course, an 18-hole championship golf course. Also located in the park is the River Lea house and musuem, home to the Grand Island Historical Society and built by William Cleveland Allen, cousin to Grover Cleveland who visited the family farm on several occasions. In winter, visitors can snowmobile by permit, cross-country ski, snowshoe, sled or ice fish. Water fowl hunting is allowed in season by permit. Beaver Island Clubhouse has banquet and catering facilities. For more information please call the park office.
Current Water Quality - Beach Results
Household pets only; caged or on a leash not more than 6 feet. Not allowed in bathing areas, buildings or on improved walkways and boardwalks.
Hours of Operation
- Open daily year round from dawn to dusk.
- 2015 Swimming Season:
5/23 – 6/21, weekends, 11 am - 7 pm;
6/22 – 9/7, daily, 11 am – 7 pm.
- Beaver Island Marina: 5/19 - 10/4
Ice & wood sales
Fri-Sun: 24 hours
- Big Six Marina: 5/2 - 10/12, daily, 24 hours
Fuel, oil & ice for sale
- Golf: 4/16 - 11/4 (weather permitting)
Disc golf available year-round.
- Beaver Island Marina North Picnic Shelter & other picnic shelters: Available for rental in season
- Nature Center: 7/3 - 9/1, Thur-Sun, 12 pm-5pm
- Sledding: Seasonal, dawn to dusk when conditions allow.
Heated restrooms available
- Snowmobiling: Seasonal. Trails open from 10 am - 10 pm.
By permit only, issued at Beaver Island Park Office. Proof of insurance required.
- Water fowl hunting is by permit only in season.
Fees & Rates
Most New York State Parks charge a vehicle use fee to enter the facility. Fees vary by location and season. A list of entry fees and other park use fees is available below. For fees not listed or to verify information, please contact the park directly.
Your key to all season enjoyment of state parks is our season's pass. For $65, the Empire Passport provides you unlimited day use vehicle entry into most of our parks. Apply on-line or call your favorite park for more information.
- Vehicle Entrance Fee
- Beach Open $7
Non-Profit Buses $35
Commercial Buses $75
Non-Profit Seasonal Buss Pass $75
5/23-6/21: 8am-6pm, weekends only
6/22-9/7: 9am-6pm, weekdays; 8am-6pm, weekends & holidays
*Option to use automated pay station available.
- Beaver Island Marina
- Fees vary by size, season, and duration of docking.
Transient Slips: $9.00/day $1/day Utility Surcharge.
Overnight Transient: $17/night; $8/night for electricity; $10 Reservation fee.
Seasonal Slips: $35 ft/season; $595. minimum; $41/ft over 40 ft.; $5 pump out fee.
- Big 6 Marina
- Transient Slips: $7 Boat Launch, $6 Overnight Parking;
$35 ft/season; $595. minimum; $41/ft over 40 ft; $5. pump out fee.
- Beaver Island Marina North Picnic Shelter
- Other Picnic Shelters
- Fees vary $50 - $85.
- Disc Golf
- No fee to play.
Rentals/sales/accessories available at park office.
- For Golf Rates, please visit Beaver Island's Golf Course website.
New! Download this park's digital map to your iOS Apple and Android device.